John Sayles InterviewThis program is an interview with John Sayles, maverick screenwriter, director and actor.
- Main theme/Masaru sato from 'Yojimbo' (1961)
- Aquellos ojos verdes/Nat king cole from 'N the mood for love' (2000)
- Sisters of mercy/Leonard cohen from 'Mccabe and mrs. miller' (1971)
- Houston in two seconds/Ry cooder from 'Paris, texas' (1984)
- Main theme/Anton karas from 'The third man' (1949)
- Why don’t you love me?/Hank williams from 'The last picture show' (1971)
- Enderlin/Leo kottke from 'Days of heaven' (1978)
- Be my baby/The ronettes from 'Mean streets' (1973)
- La bamba/Los lobos from 'La bamba' (1987)
Trains In FilmIn this show we look at some of the classic films that have been set on a train.
- Opening titles/W.franke harling from 'Shanghai express' (1932)
- Prélude/Lewis levy & charles williams from 'The lady vanishes' (1938)
- Main titles/Dimitri tiomkin from 'Strangers on a train' (1951)
- Main titles/Mischa spoliansky from 'North west frontier' (1959)
- Opening credits/The train from 'Maurice jarre' (1964)
- Opening credits/Nayak the hero from 'Satyajit ray' (1966)
- Julien/Phillippe sarde from 'The last train' (1973)
- Opening titles/David shire from 'The taking of pelham one two three' (1974)
- Opening titles/Henry mancini from 'Silver streak' (1976)
- Soundtrack suite/Jerry goldsmith from 'The first great train robbery' (1978)
Lawrence TierneyThis episode traces the life of Lawrence Tierney, the original hollywood bad boy.
- I get the neck of the chicken/Freddy martin from 'Youth runs wild' (1944)
- Opening titles music/Dmitri tiomkin from 'Dillinger' (1945)
- Opening titles music/Paul sawtell from 'Step by step' (1946)
- Opening titles music/Paul sawtell from 'The devil thumbs a ride' (1947)
- Bridal chorus/Richard wagner from 'Born to kill' (1947)
- Opening titles music/Paul sawtell from 'Bodyguard' (1948)
- Main titles music/Darrell calker from 'The hoodlum' (1950)
- ???/Moyshe oysher from 'Singing in the dark' (1956)
- Opening titles music/Nicholas carras from 'Female jungle' (1956)
- Una furtive lagrima/Enrico caruso from 'Prizzi’s honor' (1985)
- I gotcha/Joe tex from 'Reservoir dogs' (1992)
- Opening titles music/Paul sawtell from 'Best of the badmen' (1951)
John Altman InterviewIn this interview we talk to John Altman about his experiences in the world of film scores.
- The eternal love theme/Nicolas rosa from 'The thief of bagdad'
- Main theme/David raxin from 'The bad and the beautiful'
- Love theme/Jerry goldsmith from 'Chinatown'
- Prelude/Richard addinsell from 'Blithe spirit'
- Main theme/Alex north from 'Streetcar named desire'
- Main theme/Benjamin frankel from 'A kid for two farthings'
- Gabriel's oboe/Ennio morricone from 'The mission'
- In the ring/John altman from 'Funny bones'
- St. petersburg/John altman from 'Goldeneye'
- Overture/Elmer bernstein from 'The magnificent seven'
- Main theme/Frank waxman from 'Night in the city'
- Main theme/Henry mancini from 'Peter gun'
Kids in FilmThis show introduces some of the outstanding performances by children in films.
- Opening titles music/Alex north from 'The bad seed' (1956)
- Opening titles music/Roy webb from 'The window' (1949)
- Romance, sarabande & bourree/Narciso yepes from 'Jeux interdits' (1952)
- I found a million dollar baby/Boswell sisters & victor young from 'Paper moon' (1973)
- Opening titles music/Allessandro ciccognini from 'Shoeshine' (1946)
- Theme/Malcolm arnold from 'Whistle down the wind' (1961)
- Opening titles music/Fiorenzo carpi from 'Zazie dans le metro' (1960)
- Opening titles music/Hans martin majewski from 'The bridge' (1958)
- Piano quintet opus 44 ii/Robert schumann from 'Fanny & alexander' (1982)
- Bugsy malone/Paul williams from 'Bugsy malone' (1976)
- Fat sam’s grand slam/Paul williams from 'Bugsy malone' (1976)
Karen BlackIn this episode we look at the celebrated work of Karen Black, the doyenne of independent film.
- Darling, be home soon/The lovin’ spoonful from 'You’re a big boy now' (1966)
- Born to be wild/Steppenwolf from 'Easy rider' (1969)
- Don’t touch me/Tammy wynette from 'Five easy pieces' (1970)
- Loving her was easier/Kris kristofferon from 'Cisco pike' (1972)
- Incidental music/Jerry fielding from 'The outfit' (1973)
- What’ll i do?/Bill atherton from 'The great gatsby' (1974)
- Jeepers creepers/Louis armstrong from 'The day of the locust' (1975)
- Memphis/Karen black from 'Nashville' (1975)
- Incidental music/John williams from 'Family plot' (1976)
- Are you looking for a sweetheart?/The mcguire sisters from 'Come back to the 5 and dime, jimmy dean, jimmy dean' (1982)
Fred Armisen InterviewIn this interview Fred Armisen, creator of Portlandia and star of Saturday Night Live, shares his beginnings and favourite film music.
- Main theme/John williams from 'Jaws'
- Incidental music/Michael nyman from from 'The cook, the thief, the wife & her lover'
- Incidental music/Stewart copeland from 'Rumblefish'
- Jazz flute solo/Katisse buckingham from 'Anchorman'
- Incidental music/Walter carlos from 'Clockwork orange'
- Incidental music/Explosions in the sky from 'Friday night lights'
- Theme music/Michael kamen from 'Brazil'
- Theme music/Howard shore from 'After hours'
- Theme music/Franz waxman from 'Rear window'
Nic RoegThe story of Nic Roeg, the influential British director who set the seventies alight with 'Performance'; 'Walkabout'; 'Don't look now' & 'The Man who fell to Earth'.
Narrated by Franc Roddam
- Theme/Dmitri tiomkin from 'The sundowners' (1960)
- Theme/Maurice jarre from 'Lawrence of arabia' (1962)
- Suite/Bernard herrmann from 'Fahrenheit 451' (1966)
- Theme/John barry from 'Petulia' (1968)
- Memo/Turner/mick jagger from 'Performance' (1970)
- Main titles theme/John barry from 'Walkabout' (1971)
- Suite no.1/Pino donaggio from 'Don’t look now' (1973)
- All alone/Thelonius monk from 'Bad timing' (1980)
- When your heart runs out of time/Will jennings from 'Insignificance' (1985)
- Be kind to my mistakes/Kate bush from 'Castaway' (1986)
- Incidental music/Stanley myers from 'The witches' (1990)
- The man who sold the world/David bowie from 'David bowie' (1970)
The Marx BrothersThis show relates to the story of the most successful comedy act of all time. Harpo, Chico, Zeppo and Groucho. The four brothers called Marx.
- Gypsy love song/Chico marx from 'The cocoanuts'
- Hello i must be going/Groucho marx and margaret dumont from 'Animal crackers'
- You brought a new kind of love to me/Maurice chevalier from 'Monkey business'
- (whatever it is) im against it/Groucho marx from 'Horse feathers'
- These are the laws of my administration/Groucho marx from 'Duck soup'
- Alone/Harpo marx from 'A night at the opera'
- On the beach at bali bali/Chico marx from 'A day at the races'
- Lydia the tattooed lady/Groucho marx from 'At the circus'
- Riding the range/The marx brothers and john carroll from 'Go west'
- The whimsical trio/Harpo marx from 'The big store'
- Who's sorry now/Lisette verea from 'A night in casablanca'
John Collee InterviewThis interview is with John Collee, screenwriter of 'Master And Commander' and 'Happy Feet'. He reveals a fascinating background as a doctor and novelist.
- The great pretender/The platters from 'Paper mask' (1990)
- Lonesome polecat/Pontipee brothers from 'Seven brides for seven brothers' (1954)
- Duelling banjos/Eric weissberg, steve mandell from 'Deliverance' (1972)
- The long goodbye/Jack sheldon from 'The long goodbye' (1973)
- Fantasia on a theme/Thomas tallis from 'Master & commander' (2003)
- Barn building/Maurice jarre from 'Witness' (1985)
- Theme/Michael nyman from 'The piano' (1993)
- Tell me something good/Pink from 'Happy feet' (2006)
- Come here/Kath bloom from 'Before sunrise' (1995)
- Jai ho/A. r. rahman from 'Slumdog millionaire' (2008)
- Suite/Christopher young from 'Creation' (2009)
- Life on mars/Seu jorge from 'Life aquatic' (2004)
Girls’ NamesThis show looks at some of the outstanding films that have been made with girl's first names as the title.
- Sylvia/Paul anka from 'Sylvia' (1965)
- Wanda’s song/The readings from 'Wanda' (1970)
- Agapi mou/Mikis theodorakis from 'Phaedra' (1962)
- Opening credits music/Stock music from 'My name is julia ross' (1945)
- Angel/Frederick hollander from 'Angel' (1937)
- Opening titles music/Herman weymann from 'Ninotchka' (1939)
- Elisa/Serge gainsbourg from 'Elisa' (1987)
- End titles music/Georges delerue from 'Julia' (1977)
- Main titles theme/John barry from 'Petulia' (1968)
- Would you like a souvenir?/Ann sheridan from 'Nora prentiss' (1947)
- Sur un air de limonaire/Maurice thiriet from 'Therese raquin' (1953)
Patricia HighsmithThis episode traces the adaptations of Patricia Highsmith, one of the most filmed thriller writers of all time.
- Oh, you beautiful doll/Bill murray & the american quartet from 'Strangers on a train' (1951)
- L’absence/Nina rota from 'Plein soleil' (1960)
- Prologue/Rene cloerec from 'Enough rope' (1963)
- Title song/Dick addrisi from 'When you kiss a stranger' (1969)
- Too much on my mind/The kinks from 'The american friend' (1977)
- Fantasy in f minor op. 103/Franz schubert from 'This sweet sickness' (1977)
- Concerto for harpsichord/Manuel de falla from 'Eaux profondes' (1981)
- Two people/Tina turner from 'Der schrei der eule' (1987)
- Lullaby for cain/Sinead o’connor from 'The talented mr. ripley' (1999)
- The host of seraphim/Dead can dance from 'Ripley’s game' (2002)
- Ishka/Angel tears from 'Ripley under ground' (2005)
- When it flows/Great lake swimmers from 'The cry of the owl' (2009)
- Main titles music/Alberto iglesias from 'The two faces of january' (2014)
- No other love/Jo stafford from 'Carol' (2015)
Ken Loach InterviewIn this interview Ken Loach speaks of his beginnings in television and shares his inspirations and favourite movies.
- Theme/Ennio morricone from 'The battle of algiers'
- Main theme/Leiberman&heiblum from 'The golden dream'
- Main theme/Alessandro cicognini from 'Bicycle thieves'
- La ronde waltz/Oscar straus from 'La ronde'
- Main theme/Jiri sust from 'Closely observed trains'
- When i’m cleaning windows/George formby from 'Keep your seats please'
- Theme/Matial solal from 'A bout de souffle'
- Ending theme/Unknown composer from 'The red and the white'
- Fugue in g minor/J.s.bach from 'Tree of wooden clogs'
- Theme des vacances/Georges delerue from 'Jules et jim'
- End theme by evzen illin/Unknown composer from 'Loves of a blonde'
Hugo HaasIn this show we look at the career of Hugo Haas, Hollywood's first true cinema auteur.
- My bel ami/Diana shaw from 'The private affairs of bel ami'
- Opening theme/Mischa spoliansky from 'King solomon's mines'
- Opening/Harold burns from 'Pickup'
- Chopin nocturne/Hugo haas from 'Strange fasination'
- Opening/Václav divina from 'One girl's confession'
- Opening/Ernest gold from 'The other woman'
- What good will it do me?/Ella may morse from 'Hit and run'
- Warm and tender/Johnny mathis from 'Lizzie'
Franc Roddam InterviewThis interview with Franc Roddam reveals the Quadrophenia director's favourite film music.
- The sorcerer's apprentice/Paul dukas from 'Fantasia'
- Isn't it romantic/Richard rodgers and lorenz hart from 'Love me tonight'
- Love reign o'er me/The who from 'Quadraphinia'
- ThÈme romantique/Maurice jarre from 'Les yeux sans visage'
- As time goes by/Doey wilson from 'Casablanca'
- Main theme/Elmer bernstein from 'Sweet smell of success'
- Alright now/Free from 'War party'
- Main theme/Angelo badalamenti from 'Mulholland drive'
- Knockin' on heaven's door/Bob dylan from 'Billy the kid'
- ThÈme des vacances/Georges delerue from 'Jules et jim'
- Do not forsake me/Tex ritter from 'High noon'
Greta GarboThis show tells the fascinating story of cinema's most enigmatic female star Greta Garbo.
- Opening titles music/William axt from 'Anna christie' (1930)
- Leiberstraum no.3/Franz liszt from 'Inspiration' (1931)
- Romance in eb major opus 44 no.1/Anton rubenstein from 'Susan lenox' (1931)
- Mata hari entrance music/William axt from 'Mata hari' (1931)
- Kunsterleben walzer opus 316/Johann strauss ii from 'Grand hotel' (1932)
- Walse tzigane/F.d.marchetti from 'As you desire me' (1932)
- Score/Herbert stothart from 'Queen christina' (1933)
- Nocturne in eb major opus 9 no.2/Frederic chopin from 'Camille' (1936)
- L’internationale/Pierre de guyter from 'Ninotchka' (1939)
- Opening titles music/Werner heymann from 'Ninotchka' (1939)
John Kisch InterviewIn this interview John Kisch talks about the history of Black Cinema and the Separate Cinema archive.
- Caldonia/Louis jordan from 'Caldonia' (1945)
- Ol' man river/Paul robeson from 'Showboat' (1936)
- To sir with love/Lulu from 'To sir with love' (1967)
- In the heat of the night/Ray charles from 'In the heat of the night' (1957)
- Stormy weather/Lena horne from 'Stormy weather' (1943)
- Don't get around much anymore/Duke ellington from 'No way out' (1950)
- Theme from shaft/Isaac hayes from 'Shaft' (1971)
- Round midnight/Herbie hancock from 'Round midnight' (1986)
- Opening music/Terence blanchard from 'Harriet' (2019)
- Little child runnin' wild/Curtis mayfield from 'Superfly' (1972)
Gambling in FilmIn this episode we look at films set in the world of gambling.
- La golondrina/Olympia delgado from 'Bordertown' (1935)
- It looks like rain in cherry blossom lane/Ambrose and his orchestra from 'Any number can play' (1949)
- I don’t want to walk without you/Trudie stevens from 'Dark city' (1950)
- Opening titles music/Herman stein from 'Mister cory' (1957)
- The cincinatti kid/Ray charles from 'The cincinatti kid' (1965)
- Main titles music/David raksin from 'A big hand for the little lady' (1966)
- The entertainer/Marvin hamlisch from 'The sting' (1973)
- Main titles music/Jerry fielding from 'The gambler' (1974)
- Why don’t you do right, get me some money too/Peggy lee from 'Bugsy' (1991)
- Christmas medley/Frankie avalon from 'Hard eight' (1996)
- Opening theme music/The insects from 'Owning mahowney' (2003)
BombshellsIn this episode we look at some outstanding films from movie bombshells.
- Main titles music/Alex north from 'The misfits' (1961)
- Theme/Rene cloerec from 'En cas de malheur' (1958)
- Tread softly stranger/Jim dale from 'Tread softly stranger' (1958)
- You are mine/Vince carson from 'The burglar' (1957)
- Bury me not on the lone prairie/Carl t. sprague not from 'The outlaw' (1953)
- La strada nel bosco/Cugini di montagna not from 'Two women' (1960)
- Finale/Nina rota from 'Le dolce vita' (1960)
- Just the same old line/Nico fidenco from 'Girl with a suitcase' (1961)
- The things i love/Carole landis from 'I wake up screaming' (1941)
- Opening titles music/Enzo masetti from 'Woman of rome' (1954)
- Opening titles music/Miklos rosza from 'East side, west side' (1949)
- Unknown/Square dancing band from 'East side, west side' (1949)
Marlene DietrichThis show looks at the magical career of Marlene Dietrich.
- Falling in love again/Marlene dietrich from 'The blue angel'
- What am i bid for my apple/Marlene dietrich from 'Morocco'
- Three sweethearts have i/Marlene dietrich from 'The devil is a woman'
- Awake in a dream/Marlene dietrich from 'Desire'
- The boys in the back room/Marlene dietrich from 'Destry rides again'
- Hungarian rhapsody no 1/Franz liszt from 'Golden earrings'
- The laziest girl in town/Marlene dietrich from 'Stage fright'
- Get away young man/Marlene dietrich from 'Rancho notorious'
- I may never go home anymore/Marlene dietrich from 'Witness for the prosecution'
Lee MarvinIn this episode we look at the career of a Hollywood great, Lee Marvin.
- Opening music/Cyril mockridge from 'You're in the navy now (1951)'
- Seven men from now/Henry vars from 'Even men from now (1956)'
- Main titles theme/Andre previn from 'Bad day at black rock (1955)'
- Caine mutiny march/Max sterner from 'The caine mutiny (1954)'
- The beetle/Shorty rogers from 'The wild one (1953)'
- Main theme/Stanley wilson from 'The m squad (1957)'
- The man who shot liberty valence/Gene pitney from 'The man who shot liberty valence (1962)'
- Cat ballou/Nat king cole from 'Cat ballou (1965)'
- Theme/Maurice jarre from 'The professionals (1966)'
- Theme/Frank de vol from 'The dirty dozen (1967)'
- The way to heaven/Johnny mandel from 'Point blank (1967)'
- Wanderin' star/Lee marvin from 'Paint your wagon (1969)'
Richard FleischerIn this program we look at the career of Richard Fleischer, an outstanding but under-rated director.
- You'll know/Jane russell from 'His kind of woman' (1951)
- A whale of a tale/Kirk douglas from '20,000 leagues under the sea' (1954)
- Stephanie-gavotte op. 312/Alfons czibulka from 'The girl in the red velvet swing' (1955)
- Theme/Mario nascimbene from 'The vikings' (1958)
- Theme/Lionel newman[jack pleis] from 'Compulsion' (1959)
- Score/Maurice jarre from 'The big gamble' (1961)
- Score/Leonard rosenman from 'Fantastic voyage' (1966)
- When i look in your eyes/Rex harrison from 'Doctor doolittle' (1967)
- Theme/John dankworth from '10 rillington place' (1970)
- Peer gynt: morning/Edvard grieg from 'Soylent green' (1973)
- The eyes of love/Quincy jones from 'The don is dead' (1973)
- Theme/Charles bernstein from 'Mr. majestyk' (1974)
- Born in this time/Muddy waters from 'Mandingo' (1975)
- America/Neil diamond from 'The jazz singer' (1980)
Debbie Harry InterviewThis program is an interview with Debbie Harry discussing her acting roles and favourite film music.
- Waiting for the miracle/Leonard cohen from 'Natural born killers'
- La saraghin/Nino rota from '81/2'
- Beat brothers/What is fight club? from 'Fight club'
- O nossa amour/Uiz bonfa & antonio carlos jobim from 'Black orpheus'
- Theme/Anton karas from 'The third man'
- Theme/Bernard herrmann from 'Taxi driver'
- Performance/Merry clayton and jack nitzsche from 'Performance'
- Calling you/Javetta steele from 'Baghdad cafe'
Michael CurtizThis episode is about Michael Curtiz, the most prolific director in Hollywood history.
- To my mammy/Al jolson from 'Mammy'
- The sidewalks of new york/Charles lawlor from 'Angels with dirty faces'
- Yankee doodle boy/James cagney from 'Yankee doodle dandy'
- God bless america/Kate smith from 'This is the army'
- Let's do it/Jane wyman from 'Night and day'
- Its magic/Doris day from 'Romance on the high seas'
- With a song in my heart/Harry james from 'Man with a horn'
- White christmas/Bing crosby, danny kaye from 'White christmas'
- King creole/Elvis presley from 'King creole'
- The comancheros theme/Alma burnstein from 'Comancheros theme'
- As time goes by/Dooley wilson from 'Casablanca'
Against TypeThis episode is a collection of films starring actors playing unfamiliar roles.
- Man with a harmonica/Ennio morricone from 'Once upon a time in the west' (1966)
- Main theme/Ron goodwin from 'Deadly strangers' (1975)
- My reverie/Larry clinton from 'One hour photo' (2002)
- Overture/Ernest gold from 'Judgement at nuremburg' (1961)
- Opening titles music/Alberto colombo from 'Black hand' (1950)
- Give my shoes to cousin helen/Doye o'dell from 'Tight spot' (1955)
- Opening titles music/George duning from 'The dark past' (1948)
- I can't get started/Bunny berigan from 'Save the tigers' (1973)
- Incidental music/Lalo schifrin from 'Charley varrick' (1973)
- When johnny comes marching home again/Adam faith from 'Never let go' (1960)
- Incidental music/Carter burwell from 'The spanish prisoner' (1997)
- Space age love song/A flock of seagulls from 'Monster' (2003)
Lana TurnerThis program traces the fascinating career of larger than life Lana Turner. Narrated by Dr John Cooper Clarke
- I wish i was in dixie's land/Morton gould from 'They won't forget'
- Nightmare/Artie shaw from 'Every other inch a lady'
- My melancholy baby/Benny goodman from 'Johnny eager'
- Guadalajara/Xavier cougat from 'Weekend at the waldorf'
- Opening score/George bassman from 'The postman always rings twice'
- Main theme/Jimmy dorsey from 'Green dolphin street'
- Main theme/Percy faith (david raksin) from 'The bad and the beautiful'
- Main theme/Hugo friedhofer from 'The rains of ranchipur'
- Theme/Franz waxman from 'Peyton place'
- Imitation of life/Earl grant from 'Imitation of life'
- Where love has gone/Jack jones from 'Where love has gone'
The Definite ArticleThis episode is a selection of some of the outstanding films whose titles have used the definitive article, such as Aronofskys' The Wrestler and Kubricks' The Killing.
- Incidental music/Gerald fried from 'The killing' (1956)
- Main theme/Maurice jarre from 'The collector' (1965)
- Plaisir d'amour/Martini & florian from 'The heiress' (1949)
- Theme/John barry from 'The appointment' (1969)
- Autumn leaves/Miles davis & john coltrane from 'The score' (2002)
- Theme/Jerry fielding from 'The gauntlet' (1977)
- Dang me/Roger miller from 'The mule' (2018)
- Opening titles music/Hans j. salter from 'The web' (1947)
- Opening titles music/Frank skinner from 'The suspect' (1944)
- Brutal/New order from 'The beach' (2001)
- Opening titles music/Bronislau kaper from 'The stranger' (1946)
- The wrestler/Bruce springsteen from 'The wrestler' (2008)
Cecil B. DeMilleWe celebrate our one year anniversary with a look at Cecil B. De Mille's extraordinary career.
- Opening titles music/Herbert stothart from 'The squawman' (1931)
- Live and love today/Ben selvin from 'Madame satan' (1930)
- Trailer/Cecil b. de mille from 'Cleopatra' (1934)
- Opening titles music/Rudolph kopp from 'Cleopatra' (1934)
- Opening titles music/Korngold & leipold from 'Union pacific' (1939)
- Suite/Victor young from 'Samson and delilah' (1949)
- Suite/Elmer bernstein from 'The ten commandments' (1956)
- Dream lover/Victor young from 'The greatest show on earth' (1952)
- Main titles theme/Victor young from 'The greatest show on earth' (1952)
Brian Eno InterviewBrian Eno talks about his favourite film music in this revealing & fascinating interview.
- Theme/Nino rota from 'Juliette of the spirits'
- Women of ireland/The chieftains from 'Barry lyndon'
- Theme/Miles davis from 'Lift to the scaffold'
- Ubu gowele/Abafana baseqhudeni from 'Rhythm of resistance'
- The farmer & the cowboy/Gordon macrae & gene nelson from 'Oklahoma'
- Moon river/Audrey hepburn from 'Breakfast at tiffany's'
- Final sunset/Brian eno from 'Sebastiane'
- Hobbak morr/Samira tawfik from 'Desert romance'
- Deep blue day/Brian eno from 'Trainspotting'
- Elvis presley/Didja ever? from 'Gi blues'
- I am deranged/David bowie from 'Lost highway'
- Both sides now/Joni mitchell from 'Love actually'
TomorrowsIn this episode we'll look at some of the excellent films using the word 'Tomorrow' in the title.
- Opening titles music/Carmen dragon from 'Kiss tomorrow goodbye' (1950)
- Theme/Roy budd from 'Tomorrow never comes' (1978)
- La partita di pallone/Rita pavone from 'Yesterday, today & tomorrow' (1963)
- Incidental music/John fox from 'Give us tomorrow' (1978)
- All men are evil/Mae barnes &harry belafonte from 'Odds against tomorrow' (1959)
- Hey doc/Cab calloway from 'Tomorrow is another day' (1951)
- When the red, red, robin.../Susan haywood from 'I'll cry tomorrow' (1955)
- Incidental music/Irwin stahl from 'Tomorrow' (1972)
- Blue moon/Ella fitzgerald from 'There's always tomorrow' (1955)
- Hold back tomorrow/Uncredited from 'Hold back tomorrow' (1955)
- Skating in central park/Modern jazz quartet from 'Odds against tomorrow' (1959)
Roy ScheiderRoy Scheider: we look at the successful career of the archetypal actor of the 1970's
- Sugar in the rain/Sid ramin from 'Stiletto' (1969)
- Love theme/Michael small from 'Klute' (1971)
- Everybody gets to go to the moon/The 3 degrees from 'The french connection' (1971)
- Incidental music/Ennio morricone from 'L’attentat' (1972)
- Incidental music/Michel legrand from 'The outside man' (1972)
- Opening titles music/Don ellis from 'The seven-ups' (1973)
- You’re having my baby/Paul anka feat. odia coates from 'Jaws' (1975)
- Theme/Michael small from 'Marathon man' (1976)
- Betrayal theme/Tangerine dream from 'Sorcerer' (1977)
- On broadway/George benson from 'All that jazz' (1979)
- Five long years/Muddy waters from 'The rainmaker' (1997)
Hedy LamarrThe most beautiful girl in Hollywood, also the inventor of bluetooth.
- C'est la vie/Charles boyer from 'Algiers (1938)'
- Ai tuoi piedi son/Puccinni/manon lescaut from 'Lady of the tropics (1939)'
- I'm always chasing rainbows/Judy garland from 'Ziegfeld girl (1941)'
- 3 o'clock in the morning/Hedy lamarr from 'Hm pulham esq (1941)'
- Uncredited song/Uncredited singer from 'The conspirators (1944)'
- Till you return/Claire trevor from 'Crossroads (1942)'
- Main theme/Victor young from 'Samson & delilah (1949)'
- Just a moment more/Hedy lamarr from 'My favourite spy (1958)'
- Score/Guiseppe becca from 'Ecstasy (1933)'
Philip K DickIn this episode we explore the film adaptations of Philip K Dick, scifi writer responsible for 'Blade Runner', and possibly the most influential writer of the 20th century.
- Score/Vangelis from 'Bladerunner' (1982)
- Score/Jerry goldsmith from 'Total recall' (1992)
- Hard luck solution/Lulu hughes from 'Screamers' (1995)
- Boom boom/John lee hooker from 'Impostor' (2001)
- Soundtrack suite/John williams from 'Minority report' (2002)
- Opening titles music/John powell from 'Paycheck' (2003)
- Little blue flowers/Grahame reynolds from 'A scanner darkly' (2006)
- Strange brew/Cream from 'Next' (2007)
- Fate/Thomas newmann from 'The adjustment bureau' (2011)
- End titles music/Vangelis from 'Bladerunner' (1982)
Tuesday WeldThe subject of this episode is Tuesday Weld, the star who began supporting her family aged four and had a nervous breakdown aged nine.
- You can’t catch me/Chuck berry from 'Rock, rock, rock' (1956)
- In my way/Elvis presley from 'Wild in the country' (1961)
- Main titles theme/Henry mancini from 'Soldier in the rain' (1963)
- Theme/Lalo schifrin from 'The cincinatti kid' (1965)
- The thunderer/John philip sousa from 'Pretty poison' (1968)
- Someone to watch over me/Dinah shore from 'A safe place' (1971)
- Try me, i know we can make it/Donna summer from 'Looking for mr. goodbar' (1977)
- Who’ll stop the rain/Creedence clearwater revival from 'Who’ll stop the rain' (1978)
- Confrontation/Craig safan from 'Thief' (1981)
- Poverty/Ennio morricone from 'Once upon a time in america' (1984)
- The best way to get famous is to run away/Charles bukowski freeway from 'Falling down' (1996)
Mick Southworth InterviewAn interview with Mich Southworth, celebrated UK film distributor with over 30 years experience at the top of the film industry.
- Main theme/John barry from 'Zulu' (1964)
- All along the watchtower/Jimi hendrix from 'Withnail & i' (1987)
- Main theme/Dmitri tiomkin from 'It’s a wonderful life' (1946)
- Tubular bells/Mike oldfield from 'The exorcist' (1973)
- Take my breath away/Berlin from 'Top gun' (1986)
- Lust for life/Iggy pop from 'Trainspotting' (1996)
- Here we go round/Traffic from 'Here we go round the mulberry bush' (1968)
- Main theme/Ennio morricone from 'Cinema paradiso' (1988)
- When you’re strange/The doors from 'When you’re strange' (2009)
- Main theme/Ennio morricone from 'Once upon a time in america' (1984)
- Main theme/Nino rota from 'Godfather 2' (1974)
San Francisco in FilmSome of the films that have used the city’s unique qualities as a location.
- Title theme/Patrick williams from 'The streets of san francisco'
- Audio clip/Bette davis from 'Fog over frisco'
- San francisco/Jeanette macdonald from 'San francisco'
- Oh! susannah/Richard crooks from 'The sisters'
- Too marvellous for words/Jo stafford from 'Dark passage'
- Main theme/Sol kaplan from 'The house on telegraph hill'
- Main theme/Berhard herrman from 'Vertigo'
- Main theme/Henry mancini from 'Experiment in terror'
- Main theme/Elmer bernstein from 'Birdman of alcatraz'
- The way to heaven/Johnny mandel from 'Point blank'
- Main theme/Lalschiffrin from 'Dirty harry'
- Part of score/Jack nitszche from 'Hardcore'
- Title theme/Patrick williams from 'The streets of san francisco'
Lucky SevensMany great films have been made which feature the number seven in their titles and in this program we look at a selection.
- Whistle while you work/Snow white from 'Snow white & the seven dwarfs' (1937)
- Piano sonata no.14 in c# minor/Beethoven from 'The seventh victim' (1943)
- Four seasons summer/Antonio vivaldi from 'The seventh juror' (1962)
- Dies irae, dies illa/Uncredited from 'The seventh seal' (1957)
- End titles music/Don ellis from 'The seven-ups' (1973)
- Samurai theme/Fumio hayasaka from 'The seven samurai' (1954)
- Bless your beautiful hide/Howard keel from 'Seven brides for seven brothers' (1954)
- Seven servants/Gato barbieri from 'Seven servants' (1996)
- Opening titles music/Frank skinner from 'House of the seven gables' (1940)
- My kind of town/Frank sinatra from 'Robin & the seven hoods' (1964)
- In the beginning/The statler brothers from 'Seven' (1995)
- The desert/Howard shore from 'Seven' (1995)
British 60’s ClassicsThis is a collection of classic British films from the 60's, a rich period for film-making in the UK.
- A hard day’s night/The beatles from 'A hard day’s night' (1964)
- Main titles theme/Georges de le rue from 'The pumpkin eater' (1964)
- Poor love/Donovan from 'Poor cow' (1967)
- Brahms no.1 piano concerto/Ity of london sinfonia from 'The l-shaped room' (1962)
- Incidental music/John dankworth from 'Morgan!' (1966)
- Georgy girl/The seekers from 'Georgy girl' (1966)
- Main titles music/John addison from 'Girl with green eyes' (1964)
- The frightened city/The shadows from 'The frightened city' (1961)
- Theme tune/Ron grainer from 'A kind of loving' (1962)
- Incidental music/Jean-michel damase from 'Term of trial' (1962)
- Main theme/David lee from 'The very edge' (1961)
- Theme music/Stanley baker from 'Hell is a city' (1960)
Laurence HarveyCold, good looking & louche: this is the Lawrence Harvey story, an actor whose rise coincided with the new British cinema of the 60's
- Twilight woman/49th parallel from 'Twilight women' (1952)
- Main titles theme/Georges auric from 'The good die young' (1954)
- Ich hab’ noch einen koffer in berlin/Marlene dietrich from 'I am a camera' (1955)
- Main titles theme/Mario nascimbene from 'Room at the top' (1959)
- The shrine on the second floor/Cliff richard from 'Expresso bongo' (1959)
- The green leaves of summer/Frankie avalon from 'The alamo' (1960)
- Gloria’s theme/Bronislav kaper from 'Butterfield 8' (1960)
- Theme/David amram from 'He manchurian candidate' (1962)
- Walk on the wild side/Brook benton from 'Walk on the wild side' (1962)
- Main titles theme/Johnny dankworth from 'Darling' (1965)
- Main theme/Elmer bernstein from 'Summer and smoke' (1961)
- Main titles music/Ron grainger from 'The running man' (1963)
- Opening titles music/Quincy jones from 'A dandy in aspic' (1968)
- Incidental music/Ennio morricone from 'L’assoluto naturale' (1968)
Sir David Puttnam InterviewArguably, the most successful British movie producer talks of his lifelong love of cinema, his illustrious career and his inspirations.
- When you wish upon a star/Cliff edwards from 'Pinocchio' (1940)
- Main theme/Mario nascimbene from 'The vikings' (1960)
- End theme/Leonard rosenman from 'East of eden' (1955)
- Title music/Henry mancini from 'Breakfast at tiffany's' (1961)
- Theme with trumpet/Georges delerue from 'Day for night' (1973)
- Devoted to you/Everly brothers from 'That'll be the day' (1973)
- Love theme/Giorgio moroder from 'Midnight express' (1978)
- Theme/Vangelis from 'Chariots of fire' (1981)
- First of may/The beegees from 'Melody' (1971)
- Imagine/John lennon from 'The killing fields' (1984)
Brian De PalmaThe prolific career of Brian De Palma, who has been labelled a Hitchcock copyist, but deserves recognition. Still going after all these years.
- Greetings/The children of paradise from from 'Greetings' (1963)
- Opening titles music/Bernard herrmann from 'Sisters' (1972)
- The phantom’s theme/Paul williams from 'Phantom of the paradise' (1974)
- Soundtrack suite/Bernard herrmann from 'Obsession' (1976)
- Heatwave/Martha & the vandellas from 'Carrie' (1976)
- Soundtrack suite/John williams from 'The fury' (1978)
- Opening theme/Pino donaggio from 'Dressed to kill' (1980)
- Theme/Pino donaggio from 'Blow out' (1981)
- Rush, rush/Debbie harry & giorgio moroder from 'Scarface' (1983)
- Relax/Frankie goes to hollywood from 'Body double' (1984)
- Pink cadillac/Bruce springsteen from 'Wise guys' (1986)
- Mood indigo/Duke ellington from 'The untouchables' (1987)
- Time has come today/The chambers bros from 'Casualties of war' (1989)
- Opening music/Pino donaggio from 'Rising cain' (1992)
- I love music/The o’jays from 'Carlito’s way' (1993)
- Theme/Danny elfman from 'Mission impossible' (1996)
- Prelude to the afternoon of a faun/Claude debussy from 'Passion' (2016)
Can't find the show your looking for? Check out our streaming library archive here